Guy Menahem has spent his entire legal career in the immigration field. He adds to Lightman Law Firm’s full spectrum of immigration offerings by bringing his strengths in the areas of deportation defense and asylum, in addition to complex family-based cases and citizenship.
Guy has represented clients at all levels of removal proceedings, from affirmative applications for relief, to the initial charge of removability, the hearing stages, and if needed, at the appeals level.
He has appeared with clients before U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the Federal Immigration Courts in several states up and down the east coast, and also advocated for clients before the Board of Immigration Appeals, which sites just outside of Washington. A small sampling of the kinds of cases on which Guy has worked include:
- Asylum for religious converts from Central Asia before both the Asylum Office and the Immigration Courts.
- Cancellation of removal for a parent of two US citizen children before the Immigration Court.
- A waiver of inadmissibility before the Court which led to the person retaining their residency due to hardship to a US born child.
- Asylum for a person who feared returning to Central America because of violence against LGBT individuals.
- Asylum before the Court for a client from Africa that involved complex issues of both politics and gender-related claims.
- Representation of marriage green card clients before USCIS in the very stressful Stokes interview process.
- An I-751 removal of condition on residency before the Court for a married couple that was denied by USCIS.
Guy graduated from Duke University School of Law in Durham, North Carolina. He is admitted before the Supreme Court of New Jersey. He is fluent in Spanish, and is also conversant in Russian and French.
To discuss your possible case with Mr. Menahem or another immigration attorney from Lightman Law Firm LLC, call (212) 643-0985 or fill out the consultation request form on your right. A representative of our firm will contact you shortly upon review of your request.