The award-winning Lightman Law Firm was founded by Douglas M. Lightman, Esq. Mr. Lightman has extensive experience in immigration law and international matters through both work and personal experience.
Prior to forming Lightman Law Firm, Mr. Lightman spent several years at an international tax consulting and compliance firm where he focused on international tax consulting and cross border transactions.
In this role, Mr. Lightman worked with individuals and businesses from all over the world in navigating complex international tax issues, United States immigration matters, and cross border transactions.
Mr. Lightman is a United States trained lawyer who received his law degree from Brooklyn Law School and is a member in good standing of the Bar of the State of New York and a member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (www.aila.org), the world’s largest organization of immigration lawyers.
In recent years, Mr. Lightman and the firm have received a variety of accolades from legal organizations throughout the world. The following is an overview of some of those accolades:
- Rising Star Super Lawyer in the New York Metro area by SuperLawyers.com from 2014 through 2018
- Top 3 Immigration Lawyers in New York, NY by Three Best Rated in 2018
- Who’s Who in American Law by Marquis Who’s Who in American Law in 2018
- 10 Best by the American Institute of Legal Counsel in 2017
- Top 100 Lawyers by The National Advocates in 2017
- Top 40 Under 40 Immigration Lawyers in New York State by The American Society of Legal Advocates in 2016
- Best For Business Immigration Matters – USA by Acquisition International in 2015 as part of their Global Mobility, Immigration and Logistics Awards
- Immigration Law Firm of the Year in New York by Acquisition International in 2014 part of their Global Mobility and Immigration Awards.
On the personal end, Mr. Lightman, a proud citizen of both the United States and Canada, has had significant exposure to US immigration law throughout his life. He is the son of green card holders (permanent residents), and the grandson of immigrants to Canada and an international social worker who at one time assisted in the resettling of refugees in foreign countries throughout the world. Mr. Lightman has also traveled and studied extensively throughout the world, making stops in Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East, and South America.